Statement of Legal Residence

New UCSC admits must complete the Statement of Legal Residence so the university can review residency for tuition purposes. If your student still needs to complete the Statement for Legal Residence, please have them do so immediately!

How to establish residency

For information about establishing residency for UC tuition, refer to the UC Residence Policy and Guidelines. If required, your student will need to provide supporting documentation such as:

  • Student California driver’s license,
  • Student Permanent Resident Card (front and back),
  • Parent California driver’s license, 
  • Parent Permanent Resident Card (front and back), and
  • Other documents may be required
  • Proof of immigration status (for non-US citizens)

Helpful Resources

next button